Governmental Grant Professionals, LLC works collaboratively with organizations, supporting them to develop highly competitive grant proposals. For new clients, our practice area is devoted to one of four areas: 1) Federal and large, national foundation proposals; 2) Program evaluation; 3) Grants management; and 4) Advocacy.
Before you pick up that phone to call me, please let me address some of the common calls I receive:
- There are NO GRANTS that will help you start a business, buy a boat, etc!
- Developing a high quality proposal that is fully responsive to a funding announcement takes time -- most federal proposals will require 70 hours or more (sometimes significantly more) to complete! Please know that unless we have an existing relationship I will likely NOT drop everything to help you get a grant proposal developed in 10 days or less!
- No, I will not work on a commission basis -- see the services and fees tab for a deeper explanation of why.
- If you are a new, start-up, non-profit you will likely not get a large federal grant award that more than doubles the size of your organization. In other words, you need a track record with outcomes!
- And finally, if you are thinking about starting a non-profit, STOP! Before you establish a new non-profit do a business plan first. Know what other organizations have a similar mission. See if you can partner with them. With more than 1.5 million non-profit organizations in the United States, chances are there is already an organization out there working to address the issue you are passionate about.